Wednesday, June 16, 2010

class webcasts

I find myself yelling at the computer when I watch my classes! I wonder if anyone else does too??? I find myself yelling when I can't hear a question (although this is better now with the 2nd mic) but I can't always hear questions just the answer and it doesn't make sense! I also find myself yelling when they write on the board - in light green color no less - and the camera doesn't zoom in on the writing! I can feel my blood pressure just soar! It's frustrating. And of course I yell the answers out too - am worried that when I go to Pitt and we are in the classroom I will just yell out because I am so used to doing that. Of course I laugh out load all the time in LIS 2000. Dr. Tomer just cracks me up. I would love to talk to his kids and get their take on just how funny he is!!! It seems to me that in LIS 2000 my age comes into play a lot - like I don't see things the way those in the classroom see things or maybe it's just that I am behind in technology, the academic world and just in the world in general. I'm just living in my little corner of the world and have become comfortable maybe too comfortable and structured and my classmates at Pitt haven't put themselves into a rigid structure yet??? Something to think about. I loved the discussion between Sandra and Alex (Brooke) - I'm glad it's all cleared up now and that Sandra "said" what she said when she said it! I was ready to say something to Alex when she beat me to it - I probably wouldn't have been so diplomatic. But the discussion did drive home the point one of the MAJOR downsides to writing/discussing on the internet - it doesn't convey tone! I have often been misunderstood on the internet. (doesn't seem to stop me from using it!) Later. I am so ready for my vacation. Hurry up Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment