Saturday, July 17, 2010

WHAT?????????

Ok - so I am watching class right now and I am with Jeff - I have no idea how Kompozer works and I really have NO IDEA what Dr. Tomer is talking about. How are we suppose to know what to put in between the < >??? How do people know this stuff? Is there a basis computer class I should have taken???? I feel so old and out of touch listening to this class. And the part that to me is really horrific is the page he put up from the LIS 2005 class which we HAVE to take next semester which looks like a continuation of this 2600 class. Oh shit just keeps rolling in my head cause I struggled so much in this class and next semester looks to be just as challenging. I am so thankful I am doing so well in 2000 because if I were struggling in that class too I would quit the program right now. I know I have to overcome this mindblock where computer stuff is involved but I just do not get it. My mind just doesn't "compute". (pun intended) I really need to get back to watching this class so I can get into a full panic mode!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really think there should have been a focused, basic introduction to all this stuff. No going off on tangents. Just a quick here's how it works session.

    That said, the w3 schools website is the best place to find out what to put in the tags.

    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_primary.asp

    There's a structure to html, and probably the most basic way is to think of the tags as the structure.

    so you start with < html > (ignore the spaces, i never know when posting will interpret html instead of showing it)

    then < head > This is the part that includes the title and any document-wide style and metadata, etc. Tells what it's all about. < / head>

    Then there's the body.

    easy heading tags are < h1 > < h2 > and so on.
    If you want a new line < br > (break, as in line break)

    if you want a new paragraph < p >

    So, most of your tags will tell where to put things.

    Inside the tags, you can put the information on how it should look, as we did in the first assignment. But we're putting that elsewhere from now on, so you really just need the basic tags.

    So it's a structural thing. Just think, what do I want this to be? Is it a heading? A paragraph? Then go to w3schools to find out the specific tags.

    ReplyDelete