Sunday, July 25, 2010

what a day!

Well I drove home from NJ and drove right into a horrific storm that threw wind hail a torrential rain down upon me. There was a rest stop 2 miles from me when it hit and I crept along until I arrived at the rest stop. There were a lot of people there and the back up generator was lighting the place. The woman's restroom with very little light is a creepy place - let me tell you!!!! Then after the tunnel coming down the hill into Breezewood I ran into major fog!!!!! Made it home - to sunshine and nice temperatures.
Once home all the animals were thrilled to see me but then I found throw-up with blood and my cat does not look good - I am thinking tomorrow when I take her to the vets he is going to tell me I need to put her down. :(
Then the phone ran...apparently the same storm I went through continued on into NJ and blew lots of trees down and blew one onto my moms car! There is branch sticking out of the hood and a cracked windshield and everyone feels certain it will be totaled. What is really sad is that my mom drives our old car a Lincoln. We loved that car. There is no way she will get enough money to replace that car with a comparable one. So we will be putting money out for a car now too in addition to her house. So sad. What a day. At least I am home and can sleep in my own bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment